By Leona Thomas
On 5 December 2006 in Thailand, I had gone back into my kitchen and discovered a fire that rapidly engulfed the lower part of my body, setting fire to my fisherman's pants. I got out to safety and somehow my fisherman's pants stopped burning on their own. I was home free.
Or was I?
My Spirit team had stopped me from running away from the kitchen doorway. Now they nudged me to look back at the kitchen. I looked through that doorway and saw that the gas bottle was still engulfed in a ball of fire! And, as I looked, I realised I had no memory that there was a fire. Shock does funny things to the mind, it seems.
I woke up out of my trance and sprinted along the balcony, then turned and ran across the terrace towards my steps.
Ahead of me was a restaurant that was mostly on the ground floor with a shop inside too. But there was one raised balcony with seating and that faced my little house. It was about 10 metres away from me and, for the only time in the whole 8 weeks I lived there, people were sitting up on that raised balcony! Some of them were facing me.
I stopped running and shouted, "Fire! Fire!" but my voice came out in a squeak. Even I could hardly hear it. But I knew I had to make myself heard. I took a deep breath and deliberately lowered the pitch of my voice and started again. This time my voice was loud and strong, "FIRE! FIRE!" and, miraculously, not only did those diners hear me but they actually understood what I was shouting too! The man facing me turned and shouted over his shoulder into the restaurant, pointing in my direction.
The son-in-law of the restaurant owner just happened to be in that restaurant, right by the front entrance at that time. He heard the shout and sprinted towards me. As he ran up the steps he asked, "Where is it?" and I replied, "Kitchen!" We raced along the balcony towards the fire.
The young man entered the kitchen and I watched from the doorway as he bashed the shutter doors open and then ran to the burning gas bottle. He plunged his right hand and arm down through the flames and turned the gas regulator off. Very quickly the fire died away.
Now the danger had passed I went to my bathroom and looked in the mirror. A strange sight met my eyes. 'What is that?' I thought as I looked at my hair. It looked like I had little birds' nests all over the top of my head! But when I touched them I discovered my hair had melted in the heat of the fire. Clumps of hair fell to the floor. My ponytail didn't survive the heat either. I had to get my hair cut a few days later!
But my hair was only a superficial thing. I had a problem. My right arm felt like it was burning from my elbow down to my wrist. All the hairs on my arm had been melted off but, apart from that, there was no obvious damage done. Yet my arm felt like it was on fire. So I went to the restaurant shop and asked if they had any cream for burns.
The old lady had a better solution.
She came back with a large Aloe Vera leaf that she had cut in half. She opened it up so that the soft gel was visible and I placed it on my forearm. It felt wonderfully cool against my burning skin. But after a while the heat of my arm warmed up the gel. So I moved it to the next part of my arm, where it felt cool again on my hot skin. I moved the Aloe Vera leaf up and down my arm in this way for a full 2 hours until finally there was no more pain in my arm.
Nowadays I wonder why I didn't take a paracetamol for the pain. Yet it was right to use this natural gift from nature. If my arm was feeling that much heat then there was a need for it to be released from my body. A painkiller would not have done that. And I wouldn't have known when the Aloe Vera had finished working its magic if I couldn't feel the pain as I moved the leaf across my arm.
I survived the fire in my kitchen with just some melted hair and a very sore arm.
My Angels and Spirit helpers knew it was going to happen and they took so many precautions to make sure that I came through the experience alive and well.
The Angels have told me that I must include this next piece.
It is very emotional for me to write what follows next.
My soul has started humming the tune Surrender To Your Soul to soothe my heart and slow my tears as I write...
There were two fires in Sri Tanu in December 2006.
On 24 December one of my students was very badly burned in a fire. He died on Christmas Day. He was just 8 years old.
We were at school playing games for Christmas when we heard the news of his death. I went home and cried for 30 minutes. Then I picked up my bamboo flute and played a tune I had never heard before. I can never play it without remembering the boy and his death.
The Angels want me to tell you that the 8-year-old boy had the same number of Angels and Spirit helpers with him when he was in the fire as I had when I was in mine.
He was not abandoned by his Angels. Far from it. They were with him through every moment of his experience too, by his side supporting him.
He died because it was his Soul's chosen way for him to die. And he chose to die when I was there. It was my last week for teaching. He chose to leave this planet on the day that Christians around the world celebrate the birth of Jesus. A day when the Light on the planet is at very high levels.
And because he chose to leave when I was there he is now in this blog story. The Angels say that he chose to be a catalyst for something very big indeed. And it is my honour to tell you now what that is.
As you read this two-part blog story about my experience of surviving a fire, the Angels have been working a miracle with your help..
With every word that you have read, the Angels have been holding the space of Love and Compassion for each and every person that has ever died in a fire or been injured in a fire, and for all of their friends and family too. Every person or animal that ever was affected by a fire in any lifetime is being held in the Grace of God right now. Even people who are yet to be born, that will experience fire in some way, are being held in this blessing every time somebody reads this post.
Breathe deeply and know that you are part of a miracle of Love.
This Angel blessing of Grace is being sent up and down the Ancestral Lines, across all time lines and in all dimensions and in all directions... This Angel blessing of Grace is being sent from the time when humans first walked on this planet until the time when there will no longer be any humans in existence. And so it is. Amen.
We thank you for joining us in this living prayer for all beings (not just humans) whose lives have been (or will be) touched by the tragedy of fire.
Every Monday a new blog entry will offer a glimpse into the magical life of Miracle Star.
Maybe it will open your eyes to a new world of possibility..
Personal Angel Sessions
Find Out More